El Nido - South Los Angeles Family Source Center
2069 W. Slauson Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047

Click here for a map to El Nido
(In between Western and Crenshaw)

Services are for City of Los Angeles residents only.

You may be declined services if you do not bring all the documents, your return is out of scope, or you are not a resident of the City of Los Angeles.

You must bring:

• Required: All taxpayers must be present with photo identification
• Required: Original Social Security Cards or ITINs for tax filers and dependents
• W-2 from your job/employer
• Total Cash income (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099 Misc from a Job or Contract Work (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099K for Uber, Lyft, GrubHub, etc.
• 1099 R from Retirement Income
• 1099 SSA from Social Security Administration
• 1099 INT for Interest income (savings or bank account)
• 1099 DIV from Dividends
• 1099 G from Unemployment
• W-2 G from Gambling
• Form 1095 A for health insurance purchased through Covered CA
• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) issued by the IRS
• Complete home and/or cell phone bill.
• Last year’s tax return (tax year 2017)
• Bank account number for fast and secure direct deposit of your refund.

Forms for credits and deductions:
• Proof of expenses for your cash income (proof of mileage and expenses)
• Form 1098T Tuition form for you or anyone on the return attending college
• Complete tuition, financial aid statements, and/or textbook receipts for you or anyone on the return attending college
• Form 1098E Interest paid on Student Loans
• Name, Address, Social # and Phone Number of your Child Care provider
• Form 1098 Mortgage and Property Tax
• Donations over $500 require a letter
• Medical expenses

  • Note: ITIN Renewals require valid photo identification and birth certificate OR a valid passport.

Returns that are considered Out-of-Scope:

  • Incomes more than $55,000
  • Self-employed or cash income with business related expenses over $10,000, have a loss, taking expenses with no proof (receipts, documented mileage, etc. are required), employees, inventory, or business property.
  • Cancelled debt income (Forms 1099C and 1099A) for foreclosures or short sales.
  • Handwritten tax documents (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
  • Returns for visitors, such as “F,” “J,” “M,” or “Q” visas, that require a 1040NR tax return.
  • Rental Income, Foreign Income, Royalty Income, or income from a partnership/corporation (K-1 form)
  • Married Filing Separately returns (If you are legally married & file alone - you may be a Married Filing Separate taxpayer - this is out of scope and we will not be able to assist you).

Select the date and time of your appointment: